Updated on May 20, 2020
The Rexing V1 range has seen several updates and releases over the years. For example, after the original Rexing V1, then came the V1P, V1LG, V1p 3rd Gen, and now the V1P Pro. As the lastest and greatest, we’ll take a deep dive into the V1P Pro Dual and discuss the full list of features, tech specs, and whether or not it’s worth paying for.
Rexing V1P Pro Summary
The Rexing V1P Pro is a premium dual camera dash cam. Both the front and the rear camera record videos at UHD 1080p video @ 30fps. The hardware is exceptional but is expected at this price point. All the operation keys and menus have a logical design, and the overall build quality is on par with other high-end dash cams. What you’ll come to learn in this Rexing V1p Pro review is that this camera delivers reliable and consistent results.
Although most dash cams are fairly easy to set up and use, you might not get to know the Rexing V1P Pro Dual on the first day. However, the learning curve is generally shallow. There are tons of features on the camera and on the smartphone App, which ultimately makes operating the camera easy. Above all, you can customize the Rexing V1P Pro dash cam according to your preference.
|Rexing V1P Pro Dual||Check Price →|
- Display: 2.4-inch 4:3 TFT LCD
- Sensor: Front – OV4689, Rear – IMX323
- Processor: NOVATEK NT96660
- Front lens/rear lens: 170-degree wide-angle and full 6 layer glass lens with a wide aperture of F/1.8.
- Image: JPEG/16M
- Video: H.264 compressed format
- Dual Cam mode: 1080p @ 30fps + 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 30fps + 720p 30fps
- Single Front Cam mode: 2160p @ 24fps, 1440p @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 60fps, 720p @ 60 fps
- Memory: External – Class 10 Micro SD card up to 256GB
- Battery: Supercapacitor
- Video Format: h.264 (.MOV)
- Video playback: Supports view on PC or phone
- Operating Temperature: 32 – 158 Fahrenheit
- Audio I/O: Internal high-sensitivity mic and speaker
- Loop Recording: 1 min / 3 min / Off
- GPS: Yes, built-in
As earlier indicated, the Rexing V1P Pro is a dual channel camera, with both the front and the rear camera delivering 1080p Full HD footage at 30 frames per second. What’s impressive is that you can use both cameras simultaneously or use them on the front camera. However, this move affects the resolution.
The angle of view of the Rexing V1P Pro is pretty wide. With 170 degree ultra-wide angles lenses on both the front and rear camera, you have a wide view of the road ahead of you, and everyone behind your car too. Remember, the rare camera rotates 180 degrees on its mount. One thing to note is that 170 degrees on the rear cam is very generous indeed, considering most rear-facing cameras only offer up to around 120 degrees.
The V1P Pro isn’t a certified night camera. But that doesn’t mean it can’t perform well in low light. The wide dynamic range is an important feature in low light conditions, but you have to fine-tune appropriately. However, you can rely on the camera to show you license plates if the exterior is not sufficiently lit with street lights or headlights.
The 2.4-inch LCD screen gives clear videos for you to watch when playing back data files. 3-minute recordings with both the front and back camera takes about 600MB of your SD card. The V1P Pro can take up to 128GB SD card, which means plenty of space for your videos. Loop recording will also ensure you capture all the footage you need, by automatically overwriting unwanted data files once the card fills up. The memory lock/G-Sensor will ensure collision detected video files would not be overwritten.
Other Notable Features
- Power source: Something unique with this camera is that it doesn’t have a battery. Instead, it has a supercapacitor, which is a better alternative to Li-ion batteries. What’s nice about this power source is that it is enhanced for usage in extreme climates.
- Loop recording: When your SD card is full, the camera overwrites older footage with new ones. However, it locks all footage occurring on collision.
- In-built Wi-Fi and App: You can transfer the footage from the dashcam to your smartphone or tablet using WI-FI. The App interface makes the transfer pretty faster and easy. And it works with your android or iOS device. Furthermore, you can use the app to manipulate your camera’s settings when required.
- Inbuilt GPS Logger: The GPS function allows you to record important aspects of your car movement – date, location, time, route, and speed. Such metrics are essential in case of an incident.
- G-Sensor: The gravity sensor locks a current video when it detects an accident, and it won’t be overwritten. This ensures that such critical footage remains secure.
- Audio: The Rexing V1P Pro has an internal microphone and speaker, which can record audio in the cabin if you so wish. This feature can be switched off if preferred.
- Video / View / Picture Quality
The Rexing V1P Pro Dual dash cam has a performance level of above average. It particularly shines well when it comes to recording high-quality FHD footage of the front and rear of the vehicle at an impressive 170-degree wide-angle view. It has all the features one could wish for from an in-car camera of this budget, for example, WDR, WIFI, built-in GPS, app functionality, G-Sensor, and more. While it lacks 2K/4K resolution, it could’ve been slightly cheaper, in our opinion. However, it remains as one of the better devices on the market in terms of overall value and still reigns among the best out there in 2020.
A fun-loving Professional Videographer and aspiring Film Director, Joseph is a specialist when it comes to digital media. When he’s not working on this site, he loves to cook for his family and friends.