Updated on February 11, 2023
Apeman has always been at the forefront of producing stunning dashcams, and the C770 isn’t an exception. Right from the build to the performance, the camera delivers what the manufacturer promises.
The C770 differs from other dashcams for its touch screen function and other advanced features. Keep in mind; it is a dual camera, so it gives both the front and rear views. This standout camera is a better option for people looking for an easy-to-operate dashcam and high-quality videos and images both during the day and night.
|Apeman C770||Check Price →|
- Display: 3-inch OLED
- Image Sensor: Sony IMX335
- Lens: 170-degree wide-angle with a large aperture of F1.8.
- Image: JPEG/12M
- Video: Single Cam: 2160P @ 24fps/1440P @ 30fps/1080P @ 30fps
- Dual Cam: 1920 x 1080 @ 30fps + 1920 x 1080 @ 30fps
- Memory: External –Class 10 Micro-SD Card up to 128GB
- Battery: 1 Li-ion battery
- Extra: Detachable GPS function, Wi-Fi, and app
Pros and Cons
There isn’t a dash cam that isn’t without the good and the bad. Let’s discuss some below:
Why You’ll Like It
- Easy to install
- Sleek in appearance and has a decent build
- Wide viewing angle
- Responsive touch screen and large
- Images and footage are great, even at night
- You also get loop recording and parking mode features
Why You’ll Dislike It
- The navigation menu is somehow ambiguous
- Could be priced a little cheaper
Video and Images
The Apeman 4K C770 is a dual dash cam. It can record simultaneously using the front and the back camera at 1080p at 30 frames per second. However, if you wish, you can record using the front camera only, which gives you more options, including the 4K resolution – 2160P at 24 frames per second. These are HD videos.
Like with the other Apeman dash cams we’ve reviewed recently, the footage and photos are clear, partly because of the high camera resolution. Also, the playback on the C770 is crystal clear because of the better color contrast that the OLED screen provides. Actually, the OLED screen gives this camera its top-quality nature. Still, the OLED screen is power efficient, as it consumes less power than the standard LCD screen.
As for recording, it has less motion blur and faster response time, in addition to offering a better viewing angle. Both the front and the rear camera have ultra-wide-angle lenses, recording the footage at 170°. That means you capture every detail of the road.
Nighttime footage is equally beautiful. The advanced Sony image sensor – Sony IMX335, together with the WDR technology, not only works well during the day but ensures that nighttime footage is a standout. The WDR technology efficiently balances light, allowing you to see beautiful pictures even in low light intensities.
Other Essential Things In The Apeman 4K Dash Cam
- Video and image storage: You’ll need to store your footage and pictures in an external SD. However, you’ll need to buy it separately. The manufacturer recommends 32 GB SD cards of class 10, which you must format before using it. However, the camera can support up to 128 GB.
- In-built Wi-Fi and App: This function allows you to check your videos through the LuckyCam app. The app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices. You can download videos and images from your phone, and you can also share them on social media. The Wi-Fi range is 5 meters max.
- GPS: The GPS function is detachable. It allows you to check the footage information easily, clearly, and accurately. You can track location, speed (in km/h or mp/h), date, direction, and time. You check your metrics on your windows or MAC systems.
- Updated Gravity sensor: It is more sensitive to unusual vibrations. In case of a collision, it locks the footage as an emergency file to the memory card.
Setting Up The Camera
Install your device around the center area of the windshield. However, if you don’t want it to get in your way, install it a bit higher out of view. The mounting is stable; thus, your camera will stay in place perfectly.
The dash cam will need a constant supply of power, especially in parking mode. So, you can hook your device to the radio’s constant power wire. But also, the micro USB connector is the power connector through the cigarette lighter.
The dash cam comes with enough wire to make connections easy. Notably, there is a 5 feet long red cable, normally used for car stereo installation. The cable is important in activating the cam when you put your car in reverse.
One notable thing is that the rear camera is meant to be installed on the outer side. Nonetheless, you can install it on the inside.
The C770 allows you to drive with the screen active or sleep mode. You can choose the dashcam screen to go to sleep while driving in increments of 1, 3, or 5 minutes, which is also known as loop recording.
The Apeman C770 has a sleek look and a modern design. The 3-inch screen size may seem a little bigger than the average 2.7 inches we see on the market, but that is the right size for you to get the touch controls correctly. The touch screen is highly responsive. Additionally, you can view even at an angle easily.
The device itself feels very strong and resilient. It feels much more premium than some of the other devices we’ve seen in our dash cam reviews over the years.
Apart from the looks, the APEMAN 4K max delivers when it comes to performance. It captures quality footage, and the menu organization, though having many features, you can easily get around.
Ash loves cars and gadgets. He is a Business IT graduate who loves spending time with his family and friends.