At Dashcam Gurus, we value and respect your privacy. This GDPR Policy outlines how we collect, use, store, and protect your personal data when you visit our website, https://www.dashcamgurus.com/. We are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ensuring that your personal data is processed securely and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The data controller responsible for the processing of your personal data is Dashcam Gurus. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact us at [email protected].
Types of Personal Data Collected
We may collect and process the following types of personal data when you visit our website:
- Contact Information: Your name, email address, phone number, and postal address.
- Account Information: If you create an account with us, we may collect and store your username and password.
- Website Usage Information: We may collect information about your interactions with our website, including IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and timestamps.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only process your personal data when we have a legal basis for doing so. The legal bases for processing your personal data may include:
- Consent: We will seek your consent before processing your personal data, such as for email marketing purposes.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your personal data based on our legitimate interests, such as improving our website and services or preventing fraud.
Purpose of Processing
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and personalizing our services.
- Communicating with you, including responding to your inquiries and providing customer support.
- Analyzing website usage and improving our website’s functionality and user experience.
- Sending promotional materials and marketing communications with your consent.
Data Sharing and Transfers
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may engage trusted third-party service providers to perform certain functions necessary to achieve the purposes outlined in this policy, such as payment processing, shipping, or email marketing. These service providers will have access to your personal data only to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose your personal data to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable government requests.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal data may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
We take the security of your personal data seriously and have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect it from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alteration. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal data, including:
- Right to Access: You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Rectification: You can request to correct or update your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: You can request the deletion of your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when you withdraw your consent.
- Right to Restriction: You can request to restrict the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability: You can request a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Right to Object: You can object to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests or for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If we rely on your consent for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise your rights or for any inquiries regarding your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided in Section 2.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. When your personal data is no longer needed, we will securely delete or anonymize it.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify or update this GDPR Policy at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting the revised version on our website. We encourage you to review this policy periodically to stay informed about how we process and protect your personal data.
If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding this GDPR Policy or the processing of your personal data, please contact us. We will endeavour to respond to your inquiries promptly and address any concerns you may have.
Last updated: 10/06/2023